J&K govt launches drive against absent employees
Srinagar: In a drive to check absenteeism in government offices, the Jammu and Kashmir government has initiated action against as many as 128 of its employees found absent without taken permission.
Officials carried out surprise checks in several parts of the state including Srinagar, Kupwara and Baramulla.
In Srinagar, Additional Commissioner Kashmir Abdul Majid Wani conducted surprise check of various government offices including hospitals yesterday to find 99 employees absent, an official spokesman said today.
Disciplinary action has been initiated against the erring employees, some of whom included doctors and engineers.
The offices which were checked included Maternity Hospital Sanat Nagar, Offices of Chief Engineer R&B, PMGSY, Irrigation Flood Control, PHE, Forest Corporation and Pollution Control Board.
Similarly, District Development Commissioner Mohammad Shafi Rather conducted a surprise inspection of government offices and hospitals in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Rather ordered immediate suspension of six doctors and 14 paramedics who were found absent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash