J&K govt spent Rs 51 cr on constructing 21 bridges
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Economic Reconstruction Agency (J&KERA) has spent Rs 51 crore on construction of 21 bridges in the Valley under the Asian Development Bank-funded Multisector Project for Infrastructure Rehabilitation.
"Out of 21 bridges taken up by J&K ERA under Transport sector, work on 10 bridges has already been completed, while work on remaining 11 bridges is presently underway," an official spokesman said today.
The spokesman said the bridges already completed include Kani Kadal, Gundtaldara, Teilbal bridges in Srinagar district, Town hall and Naraspora bridges in Budgam district, Laktipora and Soafshali bridges in Anantnag district, Dachnipora and Yarbugh bridge in Baramulla district and Popchan in Bandipora district.
Work on bridges at Saidpora and Padshahi Bagh in Srinagar, Sail, Tokina and Wahibugh in Pulwama, Sonwani, Kupwara, Chanpora-Kunzer and Singhpora-Kanihama in Baramulla and Kir Kadal in Anantnag, is going on, he said.
The J&K ERA has also taken up construction of two bridges in Ladakh division-- Tharmsu-Pushkum in Kargil and Urbis Bridge in Leh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof