J&K govt spent Rs 51 cr on constructing 21 bridges
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Economic Reconstruction Agency (J&KERA) has spent Rs 51 crore on construction of 21 bridges in the Valley under the Asian Development Bank-funded Multisector Project for Infrastructure Rehabilitation.
"Out of 21 bridges taken up by J&K ERA under Transport sector, work on 10 bridges has already been completed, while work on remaining 11 bridges is presently underway," an official spokesman said today.
The spokesman said the bridges already completed include Kani Kadal, Gundtaldara, Teilbal bridges in Srinagar district, Town hall and Naraspora bridges in Budgam district, Laktipora and Soafshali bridges in Anantnag district, Dachnipora and Yarbugh bridge in Baramulla district and Popchan in Bandipora district.
Work on bridges at Saidpora and Padshahi Bagh in Srinagar, Sail, Tokina and Wahibugh in Pulwama, Sonwani, Kupwara, Chanpora-Kunzer and Singhpora-Kanihama in Baramulla and Kir Kadal in Anantnag, is going on, he said.
The J&K ERA has also taken up construction of two bridges in Ladakh division-- Tharmsu-Pushkum in Kargil and Urbis Bridge in Leh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls
- Will not spare my own children if they are involved in illegalities: Arvind Kejriwal in Goa
- No apology for Hiroshima bombing during Japan visit: Obama