J&K govt spent Rs 51 cr on constructing 21 bridges
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Economic Reconstruction Agency (J&KERA) has spent Rs 51 crore on construction of 21 bridges in the Valley under the Asian Development Bank-funded Multisector Project for Infrastructure Rehabilitation.
"Out of 21 bridges taken up by J&K ERA under Transport sector, work on 10 bridges has already been completed, while work on remaining 11 bridges is presently underway," an official spokesman said today.
The spokesman said the bridges already completed include Kani Kadal, Gundtaldara, Teilbal bridges in Srinagar district, Town hall and Naraspora bridges in Budgam district, Laktipora and Soafshali bridges in Anantnag district, Dachnipora and Yarbugh bridge in Baramulla district and Popchan in Bandipora district.
Work on bridges at Saidpora and Padshahi Bagh in Srinagar, Sail, Tokina and Wahibugh in Pulwama, Sonwani, Kupwara, Chanpora-Kunzer and Singhpora-Kanihama in Baramulla and Kir Kadal in Anantnag, is going on, he said.
The J&K ERA has also taken up construction of two bridges in Ladakh division-- Tharmsu-Pushkum in Kargil and Urbis Bridge in Leh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason