J&K Highway: 8 dead, 33 injured in two mishaps
Jammu: Eight persons were on Saturday killed and 33 others injured in separate road accidents in Ramban and Doda districts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A bus on its way from Jammu to Srinagar skidded off the
road and roll down into a 300 ft deep gorge on Jammu-Srinagar
National Highway at Nashri, 150 km from here, in Ramban
district, they said.
In the mishap, five people were killed and 33 others
injured, they said adding nine of the seriously injured have
been airlifted and admitted in Government Medical College
(GMC) hospital here for specialised treatment.
In another accident, a woman along with her two children
died on the spot when a van in which they were travelling
skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Ragi Nallah
on Doda-Batote highway in Doda district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29