J&K Highway closed due to landslide
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar
national highway, the only surface link with Kashmir Valley, was Friday closed due to landslide in Ramban district of Jammu
"The highway has been closed due to landslide at Shatani
Nallah area in Ramban district today," police officials said.
Due to the closure of the highway, over 400 vehicles
are stranded at various places.
The men and machines of Border Road Oraganisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide, they said.
By this evening BRO is expected to restore the traffic
between Jammu and Srinagar.
The highway was earlier closed from January 5 to January
8 due to heavy snowfall.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan