J&K Highway closed due to landslide
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar
national highway, the only surface link with Kashmir Valley, was Friday closed due to landslide in Ramban district of Jammu
"The highway has been closed due to landslide at Shatani
Nallah area in Ramban district today," police officials said.
Due to the closure of the highway, over 400 vehicles
are stranded at various places.
The men and machines of Border Road Oraganisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide, they said.
By this evening BRO is expected to restore the traffic
between Jammu and Srinagar.
The highway was earlier closed from January 5 to January
8 due to heavy snowfall.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India