J&K Highway closed due to landslide
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar
national highway, the only surface link with Kashmir Valley, was Friday closed due to landslide in Ramban district of Jammu
"The highway has been closed due to landslide at Shatani
Nallah area in Ramban district today," police officials said.
Due to the closure of the highway, over 400 vehicles
are stranded at various places.
The men and machines of Border Road Oraganisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide, they said.
By this evening BRO is expected to restore the traffic
between Jammu and Srinagar.
The highway was earlier closed from January 5 to January
8 due to heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP