J&K Highway closed due to landslide
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar
national highway, the only surface link with Kashmir Valley, was Friday closed due to landslide in Ramban district of Jammu
"The highway has been closed due to landslide at Shatani
Nallah area in Ramban district today," police officials said.
Due to the closure of the highway, over 400 vehicles
are stranded at various places.
The men and machines of Border Road Oraganisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide, they said.
By this evening BRO is expected to restore the traffic
between Jammu and Srinagar.
The highway was earlier closed from January 5 to January
8 due to heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune