J&K Highway closed due to landslide
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar
national highway, the only surface link with Kashmir Valley, was Friday closed due to landslide in Ramban district of Jammu
"The highway has been closed due to landslide at Shatani
Nallah area in Ramban district today," police officials said.
Due to the closure of the highway, over 400 vehicles
are stranded at various places.
The men and machines of Border Road Oraganisation (BRO)
are working to clear the landslide, they said.
By this evening BRO is expected to restore the traffic
between Jammu and Srinagar.
The highway was earlier closed from January 5 to January
8 due to heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption