J&K House admits privilege motion against PDP
Jammu: A day after the Jammu and Kashmir
Legislative Council was adjourned amid uproar over dragging of the name of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah in the multi-crore
JKCA scam, the House Wednesday admitted a privilege motion against
PDP member Murtaza Khan.
As the proceedings of the House began today, National
Conference MLC and Political Adviser to Chief Minister
Devender Rana raised the issue of the privilege motion brought
by him against Khan for dragging the name of Farooq Abdullah
in the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association scam.
He referred to the rule book and urged Legislative Council
Chairman Amrit Malhotra to announce the decision over the
On Malhotra asking him whether he still insisted on the
privilege motion, Rana replied in the affirmative.
Following which the Chairman admitted the motion against
Khan and referred it to the privilege committee.
Khan also raised the issue of a privilege motion against
Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Ali Mohammad Sagar
for giving a wrong reply to his question.
A decision on it will be taken up after studying it, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan