J&K: Liquor bottles to come with security holograms
Jammu: Liquor bottles in Jammu and Kashmir will now carry prominently displayed security holograms as part of the state government`s efforts to check smuggling and sale of illicit liquor.
"Security holograms on liquor bottles in the state have been launched from August 1 to ensure quality and to check smuggled and illicit liquor in the market," a senior officer of J&K Excise Department told a news agency.
The holograms procured by the excise department have been provided to all liquor manufacturing factories, distilleries and those agencies importing liquor from outside by the excise department, he said.
"Now, no bottle without security hologram can be brought into the market for sale and bottles without security hologram would be seized," he said, adding that action as per rules would be taken.
All the bottles manufactured or bottled in liquor plants will have a code, serial number besides security holograms, he said.
"This will also boost the revenue as seen in other states which have made holograms a must in liquor bottles," Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said.
Rather stressed on strict enforcement of various measures, including the hologram decision, and better coordination to check smuggling of illicit liquor.
As many as 222 people were arrested in 3,276 raids and 75,910 kg of lahan (illicit liquor) destroyed during the last fiscal, Excise Commissioner Vineeta Gupta said.
The department has also recovered Rs 27.23 lakh in penalties from the offenders, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city