J&K: Liquor bottles to come with security holograms
Jammu: Liquor bottles in Jammu and Kashmir will now carry prominently displayed security holograms as part of the state government`s efforts to check smuggling and sale of illicit liquor.
"Security holograms on liquor bottles in the state have been launched from August 1 to ensure quality and to check smuggled and illicit liquor in the market," a senior officer of J&K Excise Department told a news agency.
The holograms procured by the excise department have been provided to all liquor manufacturing factories, distilleries and those agencies importing liquor from outside by the excise department, he said.
"Now, no bottle without security hologram can be brought into the market for sale and bottles without security hologram would be seized," he said, adding that action as per rules would be taken.
All the bottles manufactured or bottled in liquor plants will have a code, serial number besides security holograms, he said.
"This will also boost the revenue as seen in other states which have made holograms a must in liquor bottles," Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said.
Rather stressed on strict enforcement of various measures, including the hologram decision, and better coordination to check smuggling of illicit liquor.
As many as 222 people were arrested in 3,276 raids and 75,910 kg of lahan (illicit liquor) destroyed during the last fiscal, Excise Commissioner Vineeta Gupta said.
The department has also recovered Rs 27.23 lakh in penalties from the offenders, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees