Jawan shoots two women in Poonch
Jammu: Suspecting his wife of having an
illicit relationship, an Army Jawan allegedly shot dead two
women, including the mother of the purported lover, and set
his house ablaze in Poonch district.
The incident took place early Wednesday morning when Tariq
Ahmed -- of the 168 battalion of the Territorial Army (TA),
working with Rashtriya Rifles (RR) in Mendhar belt of the
district -- opened fire using his service rifle, a senior Army
Two women were killed and two others were injured in the
firing, the official said. Ahmed has been arrested and will be
tried under a criminal case, the official added.
Police sources said that he was allegedly perturbed after
not finding his wife when he returned home last night and
suspected her of having an illicit relationship.
The victims were identified as Shahra Begum, the youth`s
mother, and Yasmeen.
Ahmed then allegedly set his house on fire after which he
was overpowered by the police, they said, adding that the wife
and the youth have not been traced as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday