Jawan shoots two women in Poonch
Jammu: Suspecting his wife of having an
illicit relationship, an Army Jawan allegedly shot dead two
women, including the mother of the purported lover, and set
his house ablaze in Poonch district.
The incident took place early Wednesday morning when Tariq
Ahmed -- of the 168 battalion of the Territorial Army (TA),
working with Rashtriya Rifles (RR) in Mendhar belt of the
district -- opened fire using his service rifle, a senior Army
Two women were killed and two others were injured in the
firing, the official said. Ahmed has been arrested and will be
tried under a criminal case, the official added.
Police sources said that he was allegedly perturbed after
not finding his wife when he returned home last night and
suspected her of having an illicit relationship.
The victims were identified as Shahra Begum, the youth`s
mother, and Yasmeen.
Ahmed then allegedly set his house on fire after which he
was overpowered by the police, they said, adding that the wife
and the youth have not been traced as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America