Kashmir interlocutors report to be made public: PC
New Delhi: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Saturday said report of the interlocutors on Kashmir would "see
the light" early in new financial year once a presentation is
made before the Cabinet Committee on Security.
Talking to reporters after presenting a monthly report of
his ministry, Chidambaram said National Security Advisor Shiv
Shanker Menon "is trying to schedule a meeting".
"I am hopeful it will see the light...early in new
financial year (starting on April 1). We are trying to
schedule a meeting of the CCS.
"You know there were many, many events in the last three
or four months. We are trying to schedule a meeting of the
CCS. I think NSA is trying to schedule a meeting and there is
a full discussion on CCS," he said and added he stood firm on
his commitment to make the report public.
The interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir comprising noted
journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and M M
Ansari, had submitted their report to Chidambaram on October
12 last year in which they touched on a variety of issues
including the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act
confronting the state.
It was expected that an all-party meeting would be called
to discuss the report of the interlocutors but only after CCS
takes a view on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown