Kashmir valley receives fresh snowfall
Srinagar: The Kashmir valley received fresh
snow and overnight rains even as the temperature in most
areas, including the Gulmarg skiing resort, remained below the
The Gulmarg resort in north Kashmir, which was the
coldest place in the valley Thursday night, was covered with a
thick blanket of snow.
An official at the MeT department said Gulmarg had
received seven inches of snow and 22.1 mm of rainfall.
Mercury has plunged to a low of minus five degrees
celsius, he said.
In the summer capital here, the minimum temperature was
recorded at 1.8 degree celsius, he said. Srinagar received
21.4 mm rainfall.
Rainfall and snow over the last two days has brought
respite from the dry weather conditions which had prevailed in
the valley over the last fortnight.
The MeT official said they expect light to moderate rains
and snowfall would occur at several places in the valley in
the next few hours.
The gateway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir received
one centimetre snowfall and witnessed a minimum temperature of
minus 2.0 degrees celsius, a fall of 4.2 degrees as compared
North Kashmir`s frontier Kupwara district received five
centimeter snowfall and 30.7 mm rainfall, recording the low of
0.5 degrees Celsius, he said.
The south Kashmir tourist resort of Pahalgam received 13
cm snowfall and 37.0 mm rainfall, the official said. He said
the minimum temperature in Pahalgam was minus 2.0 degrees
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested