Land record sought in scam near Srinagar airport
Srinagar: After registering a
Prelimnary Enquiry (PE) into rpt into alleged land scam around
high-security Srinagar airport, CBI has sought details of land
records from Jammu and Kashmir revenue department as well as
from Indian Air Force.
Besides the CBI probe, the state revenue department has
also initiated an inter-departmental probe to fix
responsibilities if anyone was found guilty of giving No
Objection Certificate to private builders, official sources
CBI had recently registered a PE against unnamed
officials of Defence Ministry and revenue personnel of Jammu
and Kashmir government for alleged irregularities in the sale
of land near the airport.
A team of the agency sought revenue records from the
Deputy Commissioner of Budgam besides checking the records
available with the Directorate General of Defence Estates
office, the sources said.
Defence Ministry initiated a probe into the sanction of
No Objection Certificate (NoC) for sale of land to private
persons around the airport after Indian Air Force complained
of construction around the area, one of the strategic
installations in the Kashmir Valley.
The Deputy Commissioner of Budgam was also holding an
in-house probe following instructions from state Revenue
Minister Raman Bhalla, the sources said.
They said the Minister had given clear instructions to
the department for extending all cooperation to the CBI team.
The sources said the CBI team had visited the site around
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari