Leh coldest place in J&K
Srinagar: Leh town in frontier region of
Ladakh continued to be the coldest place in Jammu and Kashmir
as the mercury recorded a further dip on Tuesday engulfing the
region in renewed cold spell.
Leh town, 434 kms from summer capital Srinagar, recorded
a minimum of minus 15.4 degrees Celsius this morning as
compared to Monday`s low of minus 14.0 degrees Celsius, a
spokesman of the MeT department said.
The nearby town of Kargil, also in the cold desert of
Ladakh, was freezing at minus 12.0 degrees Celsius, recording
a dip of three degrees as compared to the Monday night.
The famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir, the
star attraction for tourists visiting the valley during
winter, was the coldest place in the valley at minus 9.6
degrees. The hill resort recorded a low of minus 10.2 degrees
Celsius on Monday.
Against Monday`s minus 6.6 degrees Celsius, the night
temperature dipped in Pahalgam, a hill resort in south
Kashmir, and settled at minus 7.0 degrees Celsius.
However, there was no change in the night temperature in
Srinagar which recorded the season`s low of minus 3.2 degrees
Celsius on Monday, the spokesman said.
While, Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, recorded a
dip in the night temperature as compared to Monday. The
minimum temperature recorded at Qazigund was minus 3.2 degrees
Celsius Tuesday morning.
Kokernag in south Kashmir was reeling at a low of minus
2.9 degrees Celsius followed by Kupwara (minus 2.5) degrees
Celsius, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers