Leh coldest place in J&K
Srinagar: Leh town in frontier region of
Ladakh continued to be the coldest place in Jammu and Kashmir
as the mercury recorded a further dip on Tuesday engulfing the
region in renewed cold spell.
Leh town, 434 kms from summer capital Srinagar, recorded
a minimum of minus 15.4 degrees Celsius this morning as
compared to Monday`s low of minus 14.0 degrees Celsius, a
spokesman of the MeT department said.
The nearby town of Kargil, also in the cold desert of
Ladakh, was freezing at minus 12.0 degrees Celsius, recording
a dip of three degrees as compared to the Monday night.
The famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir, the
star attraction for tourists visiting the valley during
winter, was the coldest place in the valley at minus 9.6
degrees. The hill resort recorded a low of minus 10.2 degrees
Celsius on Monday.
Against Monday`s minus 6.6 degrees Celsius, the night
temperature dipped in Pahalgam, a hill resort in south
Kashmir, and settled at minus 7.0 degrees Celsius.
However, there was no change in the night temperature in
Srinagar which recorded the season`s low of minus 3.2 degrees
Celsius on Monday, the spokesman said.
While, Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir, recorded a
dip in the night temperature as compared to Monday. The
minimum temperature recorded at Qazigund was minus 3.2 degrees
Celsius Tuesday morning.
Kokernag in south Kashmir was reeling at a low of minus
2.9 degrees Celsius followed by Kupwara (minus 2.5) degrees
Celsius, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents