Maoists, J&K, NE remain top concerns: Govt
New Delhi: Maoists violence, militancy in
Jammu and Kashmir and insurgency in the Northeast continued to be the top areas of concern for the country`s internal
security in 2011 with Left wing extremism claiming the most lives.
According to the annual report of the Home Ministry for 2011-12, terrorism in the hinterland and communal situation
remained by and large under control, except for the serial bomb blasts in Mumbai in July 2011 and bomb blast in Delhi
High Court in September last year.
Level of infiltration from across the borders and the
resultant terrorist activities in the Kashmir Valley showed
significant decline in 2011. Since outbreak of militancy, more
than 40,000 people have lost their lives in Jammu and Kashmir
of which 13,846 were civilians and 4,807 were security
Maoists violence had claimed 3,240 lives between 2008 and
2011 in nine Naxal hit states -- Andhra Pradesh, Bihar,
Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha,
Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
"The CPI (Maoist) continues to remain the most dominant
and violent outfit among the various Left Ling extremist
groups, accounting for more than 90 per cent of total Left
wing extremist incidents and 95 per cent of resultant
killings," the annual report said .
Action against the Maoists will continue and this is a
long drawn out battle and needs to be persevered with both in
terms of operations against the armed elements as well as the
all round development of LWE affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'