Memogate: JKLF chief to visit Pakistan
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin
Malik will travel to Pakistan on Saturday to depose before the
Special Commission, constituted by the Supreme Court of the
neighbouring country, probing the `Memogate`.
"Malik will be leaving for Pakistan on Saturday after
he was asked by the Commission to submit his application in
person," a JKLF spokesman said here on Saturday.
The JKLF chairman had written to Pakistan Supreme Court
Chief Justice Iftkhar M Chaudhury seeking permission to depose
before the Commission after key player Mansoor Ijaz claimed
the separatist leader had met a senior RAW official in Delhi.
Malik obtained visa from the Pakistani High Commission
in New Delhi today, the spokesman said.
Ijaz had claimed Malik had met a senior RAW official at
the behest of intelligence agencies of the United States.
The JKLF leader denied having ever met any of the RAW
officials and said if the allegation was proved, he would
retire from public life.
In a letter to the Pakistan Chief Justice, Malik had
claimed he had some relevant information with regard to
the reference of the Commission but would not divulge these in
Malik said he would like to make a free, fair and
truthful statement before the Commission which would go a long
way in finding answers to the questions forming subject of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!