Minimum temp dips below freezing point in Kashmir
Srinagar: The minimum temperature across the
Kashmir Valley remained below the freezing point even though there was some relief from the intense cold wave that had engulfed the region over the last one month.
North Kashmir`s Gulmarg resort, which remained the
coldest place in the Valley, recorded a freezing night with
mercury slipping to minus 10.2 degrees Celsius, a drop of 2.7
degrees from yesterday, a MeT official said.
The Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded the minimum
temperature of minus 4.5 degrees Celsius, he said, a fall of
5.2 degrees from yesterday.
Fresh snowfall and rains also lashed the Pahalgam resort
which received 14.8 mm downpour.
The minimum temperature in the Kashmir Valley has
increased considerably over the last few days providing a respite to the residents after a month of intense cold wave when even day temperature had remained below the freezing point.
Srinagar city recorded a low of minus 0.2 degrees Celsius
and one millimeter rains over night, he said.
Qazigund, the gateway town to the Kashmir Valley,
recorded a minimum of minus 0.6 degrees Celsius and 8.8mm snow
and rainfall, the official said.
The north Kashmir`s frontier Kupwara town was the only
place in the Kashmir Valley where the minimum temperature
remained above the freezing point settling at 0.5 degrees
Leh town in the remote Ladakh region recorded the night
temperature of minus 14.4 degrees Celsius, a drop of seven
degrees from last night, the official said.
The adjoining Kargil town, also in Ladakh region,
recorded the minimum temperature at minus 11.0 degrees
Celsius, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA