NC, Cong tussle hampering development: JKNPP
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers
Party (JKNPP) on Wednesday accused the leaders of Congress and
National Conference (NC) of being involved in a "bitter"
battle for ministerial berths and ignoring public grievances
and development projects.
"Leaders of both Congress and NC are involved in a
tug-of-war for state ministerial berths. They have no interest
in resolving public-related problems," JKNPP State President
and MLA, Balwant Singh Mankotia told reporters here.
"Due to the ongoing tussle between the coalition members,
the development work has taken a backseat in the state,"
As a result of the frequent verbal battle between
Congress and NC, people have lost faith in these two political
parties, he said and added, "therefore, they do not have any
right to remain in power".
Mankotia further demanded the regularization of Special
Police Officers (SPOs) and Village Defense Committee (VDC)
members, who played an important role to help crush militancy
in the state.
He asserted, "the issue has been raised on several
occasions in the state assembly and despite the commitment the
government has failed to do anything in this regard." Mankotia
assured to raise the issue again in the next assembly session.
He alleged the state government of ignoring
development work in the Jammu region. "JKNPP will continue to
protest the issue till the time justice is done to Kashmir
region," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh