NC to vote for UPA Prez, Vice Prez candidates
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said his party the National Conference will vote for the UPA nominees for the posts of President and Vice President of the country.
"National Conference is part of the UPA Government and we will vote for Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates to be fielded by UPA coalition," Omar told reporters in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district after inaugurating five bridges.
The National Conference has four MPs- three in Lok Sabha and one in Rajya Sabha- and 28 MLAs in the state Assembly. The election for the President`s post will be held on July 19.
In reply to a question, Omar said good Indo-Pak relations are the cherished desire of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"My government will facilitate and contribute positively in all measures aimed at bringing thaw in the ties between the two neighbours and resolving issues amicably and in peaceful atmosphere," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack