NC to vote for UPA Prez, Vice Prez candidates
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said his party the National Conference will vote for the UPA nominees for the posts of President and Vice President of the country.
"National Conference is part of the UPA Government and we will vote for Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates to be fielded by UPA coalition," Omar told reporters in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district after inaugurating five bridges.
The National Conference has four MPs- three in Lok Sabha and one in Rajya Sabha- and 28 MLAs in the state Assembly. The election for the President`s post will be held on July 19.
In reply to a question, Omar said good Indo-Pak relations are the cherished desire of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"My government will facilitate and contribute positively in all measures aimed at bringing thaw in the ties between the two neighbours and resolving issues amicably and in peaceful atmosphere," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!