NC worker death: Bedi Commission to meet on Feb 2
Jammu: Justice Bedi Commission of Inquiry, probing the custodial death of National Conference worker Syed Mohammad Yousuf, will meet next week on February 2 in Srinagar
to deliberate the general public`s statements related to the case.
"The commission of Inquiry (COI) will meet at Hari Niwas in Srinagar summer capital on February two," Secretary to the Commission of Inquiry, Jaffar Hussain Beg, said in a
notification here today.
The Commission, which had earlier asked the people to submit any knowledge of the facts of the case in the form of an affidavit by January 27, has now extended the date to
January 31 in view of bad weather conditions.
The state government had on November 18 appointed retired Supreme Court judge HS Bedi as the head of the one-man commission to probe into the death of 61-year-old Yousuf in police custody.
The Commission has been asked to complete its probe within six weeks.
Yousuf, an NC worker from south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, died allegedly in police custody on September 29 after two fellow party workers had accused him of taking Rs
1.18 crore from them for getting them berths in the Legislative Council.
The death of Yousuf had triggered a political controversy in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!