NC worker death: Bedi Commission to meet on Feb 2
Jammu: Justice Bedi Commission of Inquiry, probing the custodial death of National Conference worker Syed Mohammad Yousuf, will meet next week on February 2 in Srinagar
to deliberate the general public`s statements related to the case.
"The commission of Inquiry (COI) will meet at Hari Niwas in Srinagar summer capital on February two," Secretary to the Commission of Inquiry, Jaffar Hussain Beg, said in a
notification here today.
The Commission, which had earlier asked the people to submit any knowledge of the facts of the case in the form of an affidavit by January 27, has now extended the date to
January 31 in view of bad weather conditions.
The state government had on November 18 appointed retired Supreme Court judge HS Bedi as the head of the one-man commission to probe into the death of 61-year-old Yousuf in police custody.
The Commission has been asked to complete its probe within six weeks.
Yousuf, an NC worker from south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, died allegedly in police custody on September 29 after two fellow party workers had accused him of taking Rs
1.18 crore from them for getting them berths in the Legislative Council.
The death of Yousuf had triggered a political controversy in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees