Over 500 cases settled in mega Lok Adalat
Srinagar: Over 500 cases have been settled amicably during a mega Lok Adalat in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, an official spokesman said.
During the mega Lok Adalat being held in Baramulla District Court and other subordinate courts from yesterday, 708 cases of different nature including matrimonial, family and bank recovery disputes were taken up, he said.
509 cases were settled amicably and a fine of Rs seven lakh was recovered from the defaulters in bank recovery cases.
Fine of Rs 96,000 was also realised under the Motor Vehicle Act, he added.
The mega Lok Adalat will continue till the end of this month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!