Over 500 cases settled in mega Lok Adalat
Srinagar: Over 500 cases have been settled amicably during a mega Lok Adalat in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, an official spokesman said.
During the mega Lok Adalat being held in Baramulla District Court and other subordinate courts from yesterday, 708 cases of different nature including matrimonial, family and bank recovery disputes were taken up, he said.
509 cases were settled amicably and a fine of Rs seven lakh was recovered from the defaulters in bank recovery cases.
Fine of Rs 96,000 was also realised under the Motor Vehicle Act, he added.
The mega Lok Adalat will continue till the end of this month, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan