Over 500 cases settled in mega Lok Adalat
Srinagar: Over 500 cases have been settled amicably during a mega Lok Adalat in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, an official spokesman said.
During the mega Lok Adalat being held in Baramulla District Court and other subordinate courts from yesterday, 708 cases of different nature including matrimonial, family and bank recovery disputes were taken up, he said.
509 cases were settled amicably and a fine of Rs seven lakh was recovered from the defaulters in bank recovery cases.
Fine of Rs 96,000 was also realised under the Motor Vehicle Act, he added.
The mega Lok Adalat will continue till the end of this month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!