Over 500 cases settled in mega Lok Adalat
Srinagar: Over 500 cases have been settled amicably during a mega Lok Adalat in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, an official spokesman said.
During the mega Lok Adalat being held in Baramulla District Court and other subordinate courts from yesterday, 708 cases of different nature including matrimonial, family and bank recovery disputes were taken up, he said.
509 cases were settled amicably and a fine of Rs seven lakh was recovered from the defaulters in bank recovery cases.
Fine of Rs 96,000 was also realised under the Motor Vehicle Act, he added.
The mega Lok Adalat will continue till the end of this month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief