Over 500 cases settled in mega Lok Adalat
Srinagar: Over 500 cases have been settled amicably during a mega Lok Adalat in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, an official spokesman said.
During the mega Lok Adalat being held in Baramulla District Court and other subordinate courts from yesterday, 708 cases of different nature including matrimonial, family and bank recovery disputes were taken up, he said.
509 cases were settled amicably and a fine of Rs seven lakh was recovered from the defaulters in bank recovery cases.
Fine of Rs 96,000 was also realised under the Motor Vehicle Act, he added.
The mega Lok Adalat will continue till the end of this month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption