Security forces unearth militant hideout in J&K
Srinagar: Security forces have unearthed a militant hideout in Kupwara district of North Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunition, police said on Monday.
Troops of 41 Rashtriya Rifles unearthed a militant hideout in Hyhama forest area of Kupwara last evening, police said.
One UBGL and its two grenades, three AK magazines, 200 AK rounds, three remote control switches, one pressure cooker IED and five kilogrammes of explosives were recovered from the hideout.
Meanwhile, a bomb disposal squad destroyed an RPG shell detected outside the camp of 90 Battalion CRPF camp in Bijbehara area Anantnag district yesterday, the police said.
There was no damage caused by the controlled explosion of the shell, which was found during digging of a road near the CRPF camp.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical