Security in Kashmir railway stations to be stepped
Srinagar: Railway Police will step up security around railways stations and increase patrolling along tracks in Kashmir in order to secure the vital mode of transportation in the Valley.
Inspector General of Railway Police Abdul Qayoom Manhas, during a day-long inspection of railway stations in the Valley yesterday, directed officers of the force to ensure security of railway stations and plug the loopholes, a police spokesman said.
He said Manhas directed officers and jawans to focus on security of the railway tracks so that any acts of sabotage are nipped in the bud.
Manhas travelled on the Qazigund-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link yesterday and stopped at several railway stations to review security, the spokesman said.
He said the IGP visited Kakapora, Panzgam, Bijbehara, Sadoora, Budgam and Baramulla railway stations.
Railway property worth crores of rupees was damaged during the 2010 summer agitation in the Valley. The rail services, which were launched in 2008, had to be suspended for nearly two months as the mobs targeted trains and railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?