‘Separatists have double standards on killings’
Jammu: By not speaking up on the recent
killing of a shopkeeper in the Valley, separatists` leadership
in Jammu and Kashmir was adopting double standards, state
Congress on Saturday alleged.
A day after Chief Minister Omar Abdullah lashed out at
separatists, accusing them of indulging in "hooliganism,
highhandedness and muscle power", state Congress chief
Saifuddin Soz on saturday alleged that they have, on many occasions,
applied "double standards" on killings in Valley.
"Many times the separatist leadership applies double
standards (regarding killings in Kashmir)," Soz told reporters
at Congress headquarters here.
"These separatists on many occasions applied double
standards on killings, and that was our grouse against them,"
Soz was replying to questions about the silence of
separatists over the killing of Tariq by stone-pelters here.
Tariq was hit by a cricket bat on the head by two
shopkeepers, who were allegedly enforcing a strike against the
arrest of a youth by police following a demonstration on
The 24-year-old vendor was rushed to Soura Medical
Institute and later succumbed to injuries on December 14.
Criticising separatists for forcing people to adhere to
their "calendar of disturbances" and lockouts, and making them
victims of hooliganism, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had said
on Thursday that they should fight on political turf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what