Smoke bombs found during digging in Udhampur
Jammu: Several smoke bombs of the Army were found underground when a plot of land was being dug up for construction of a house in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
A villager found a box full of smoke bombs of the army when he was digging for the construction of his house in Sumbal area of Udhampur district, officials said.
The villager then called in the police and army, they said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area to conduct a operation to search for more such bombs or shells that may be lying underground there, they said.
The area was with the army, which was using it as a firing range some years ago before handing the land back to villagers, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?