Smoke bombs found during digging in Udhampur
Jammu: Several smoke bombs of the Army were found underground when a plot of land was being dug up for construction of a house in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
A villager found a box full of smoke bombs of the army when he was digging for the construction of his house in Sumbal area of Udhampur district, officials said.
The villager then called in the police and army, they said.
A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area to conduct a operation to search for more such bombs or shells that may be lying underground there, they said.
The area was with the army, which was using it as a firing range some years ago before handing the land back to villagers, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!