Soil health cards to be issued in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: One lakh soil health cards,
which will act as indicator of soil status for optimum use of fertilsers, will be issued to farmers in Kashmir Valley, an official said.
Agriculture Chemist Kashmir division M Mubarak Reshi
said awareness programmes will be held across the valley and
farmers will be facilitated by spot sampling and testing by
Mobile Soil Testing Vans.
He said one lakh soil health cards will be issued to
the farmers in the first instance - which will be an indicator
of soil status of the farmer?s fields that will regulate the
usage of fertilizers and manures for optimum production of
Reshi was speaking at a day-long
awareness-cum-training camp on soil testing here yesterday
which was aimed to impart awareness to officers of the
Agriculture department regarding soil sample collection,
analysis and recommendations regarding application of macro
and micro nutrients required for optimum and sustained
production of cereals, pulses, vegetables and fruit crops.
The soil testing laboratories will also be established
and upgraded in other districts of the valley, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why