Soil health cards to be issued in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: One lakh soil health cards,
which will act as indicator of soil status for optimum use of fertilsers, will be issued to farmers in Kashmir Valley, an official said.
Agriculture Chemist Kashmir division M Mubarak Reshi
said awareness programmes will be held across the valley and
farmers will be facilitated by spot sampling and testing by
Mobile Soil Testing Vans.
He said one lakh soil health cards will be issued to
the farmers in the first instance - which will be an indicator
of soil status of the farmer?s fields that will regulate the
usage of fertilizers and manures for optimum production of
Reshi was speaking at a day-long
awareness-cum-training camp on soil testing here yesterday
which was aimed to impart awareness to officers of the
Agriculture department regarding soil sample collection,
analysis and recommendations regarding application of macro
and micro nutrients required for optimum and sustained
production of cereals, pulses, vegetables and fruit crops.
The soil testing laboratories will also be established
and upgraded in other districts of the valley, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'