Three killed, 50 injured as school bus plunges into gorge
Srinagar: A teacher and a student were among three persons killed while 50 others injured when a school bus carrying students on a picnic trip plunged into a gorge near Gulmarg tourist resort in Kashmir`s Baramulla district on Wednesday.
The bus carrying students of Iqra Educational Institute of Kupwara district was on way to Baba Reshi shrine near Gulmarg when it fell into the gorge at Nambal Nard near Tangmarg, 45 kms from here, police said.
Rescue teams managed to evacuate 53 persons -- students and staff members -- to a hospital. However, two of the injured, 25-year-old teacher Jehangir Dar and 13-year-old student Owais Manzoor Wani, were declared dead in the hospital, they said.
The bus driver, Akhtar Hussain, succumbed to injuries later, while four other seriously injured had been referred to Soura Medical Institute here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL