Three killed, 50 injured as school bus plunges into gorge
Srinagar: A teacher and a student were among three persons killed while 50 others injured when a school bus carrying students on a picnic trip plunged into a gorge near Gulmarg tourist resort in Kashmir`s Baramulla district on Wednesday.
The bus carrying students of Iqra Educational Institute of Kupwara district was on way to Baba Reshi shrine near Gulmarg when it fell into the gorge at Nambal Nard near Tangmarg, 45 kms from here, police said.
Rescue teams managed to evacuate 53 persons -- students and staff members -- to a hospital. However, two of the injured, 25-year-old teacher Jehangir Dar and 13-year-old student Owais Manzoor Wani, were declared dead in the hospital, they said.
The bus driver, Akhtar Hussain, succumbed to injuries later, while four other seriously injured had been referred to Soura Medical Institute here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India