Three more die on way to Amarnath shrine, toll 22
Srinagar: Two more Amarnath pilgrims died during the course of their journey, taking the toll during this year`s yatra to 22.
Anita Chourasiya (35) from Uttar Pradesh and Sadhu Ram (34) from Uttrakhand died of cardiac arrest at Brarimarg and Panjtarni areas yesterday, officials said.
Chourasiya was on her way to the 3,880 metre high shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivligam, while Ram was returning to the Pahalgam base camp after paying obeisance at the temple, they said.
A Pahalgam-bound devotee, Mohan Lal from Delhi, yesterday died at Anokhi Fall on the Srinagar-Jammu highway when a rock fell on him, they said.
Extreme weather conditions have failed to dampen spirits of devotees who are turning up in large numbers for the pilgrimage in its second week.
Over 1.50 lakh devotees have performed `darshan` at the cave shrine situated in the south Kashmir Himalayas by this afternoon.
The pilgrimage had commenced on June 25 from twin tracks of Baltal in Ganderbal district and Pahalgam in Anantnag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price