Three more die on way to Amarnath shrine, toll 22
Srinagar: Two more Amarnath pilgrims died during the course of their journey, taking the toll during this year`s yatra to 22.
Anita Chourasiya (35) from Uttar Pradesh and Sadhu Ram (34) from Uttrakhand died of cardiac arrest at Brarimarg and Panjtarni areas yesterday, officials said.
Chourasiya was on her way to the 3,880 metre high shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivligam, while Ram was returning to the Pahalgam base camp after paying obeisance at the temple, they said.
A Pahalgam-bound devotee, Mohan Lal from Delhi, yesterday died at Anokhi Fall on the Srinagar-Jammu highway when a rock fell on him, they said.
Extreme weather conditions have failed to dampen spirits of devotees who are turning up in large numbers for the pilgrimage in its second week.
Over 1.50 lakh devotees have performed `darshan` at the cave shrine situated in the south Kashmir Himalayas by this afternoon.
The pilgrimage had commenced on June 25 from twin tracks of Baltal in Ganderbal district and Pahalgam in Anantnag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read