Three more die on way to Amarnath shrine, toll 22
Srinagar: Two more Amarnath pilgrims died during the course of their journey, taking the toll during this year`s yatra to 22.
Anita Chourasiya (35) from Uttar Pradesh and Sadhu Ram (34) from Uttrakhand died of cardiac arrest at Brarimarg and Panjtarni areas yesterday, officials said.
Chourasiya was on her way to the 3,880 metre high shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivligam, while Ram was returning to the Pahalgam base camp after paying obeisance at the temple, they said.
A Pahalgam-bound devotee, Mohan Lal from Delhi, yesterday died at Anokhi Fall on the Srinagar-Jammu highway when a rock fell on him, they said.
Extreme weather conditions have failed to dampen spirits of devotees who are turning up in large numbers for the pilgrimage in its second week.
Over 1.50 lakh devotees have performed `darshan` at the cave shrine situated in the south Kashmir Himalayas by this afternoon.
The pilgrimage had commenced on June 25 from twin tracks of Baltal in Ganderbal district and Pahalgam in Anantnag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch