Twelve J&K employees suspended
Srinagar: Twelve government officials were
suspended in Kupwara district after being found absent from
Deputy Commissioner Kupwara M S Rather on Thursday made a
surprise visit to different government offices and found 12
employees absent from duty, an official spokesman said.
Eleven employees, including an Assistant Executive
Engineer of Public Health Engineering Division of Handwara
were found absent. An employee of Irrigation and Flood Control
Division had also not reported for work, the spokesman said.
The Deputy Commissioner suspended the 11 employees on the
spot and a charge sheet was filed against AEE, the spokesman
Last week, Divisional Commissioner Kashmir had directed
senior officers to form special squads to monitor the
attendance in the government offices during the winter months
On Wednesday, 20 government employees of various
departments in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district were placed
under suspension after they were found absent from duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened