Twelve J&K employees suspended
Srinagar: Twelve government officials were
suspended in Kupwara district after being found absent from
Deputy Commissioner Kupwara M S Rather on Thursday made a
surprise visit to different government offices and found 12
employees absent from duty, an official spokesman said.
Eleven employees, including an Assistant Executive
Engineer of Public Health Engineering Division of Handwara
were found absent. An employee of Irrigation and Flood Control
Division had also not reported for work, the spokesman said.
The Deputy Commissioner suspended the 11 employees on the
spot and a charge sheet was filed against AEE, the spokesman
Last week, Divisional Commissioner Kashmir had directed
senior officers to form special squads to monitor the
attendance in the government offices during the winter months
On Wednesday, 20 government employees of various
departments in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district were placed
under suspension after they were found absent from duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars