Uproar over Afzal issue, MLA marshaled out
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Monday witnessed uproarious scenes over the Afzal Guru issue leading to forcible eviction of an Independent MLA from the House by marshals.
As soon as the proceedings began, Independent MLA from Langate, Abdul Rashid, raised the issue and criticised Union Minister Farooq Abdullah for his recent remarks relating to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
On Saturday, Abdullah had said anybody working against India "must pay the price for it".
"He (Abdullah) has betrayed Kashmiris by his statement
on Guru. I condemn him," Rashid said in the House.
He alleged all political parties had joined hands to
thwart his resolution on Guru in the House last year.
Members from JKNPP, BJP, NC and other parties asked
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone to remove him from the House for
disrupting the Question Hour.
Some members, who also had verbal duels with Rashid,
said the Supreme Court had decided the matter and the mercy
petition was pending with the President and the House had no
authority on the matter.
Rashid entered the Well and staged a sit-in as the
Speaker asked him to raise the issue after Question Hour.
As the member continued to disrupt the proceedings, the
Speaker directed marshals to remove him out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?