Uproar over Afzal issue, MLA marshaled out
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Monday witnessed uproarious scenes over the Afzal Guru issue leading to forcible eviction of an Independent MLA from the House by marshals.
As soon as the proceedings began, Independent MLA from Langate, Abdul Rashid, raised the issue and criticised Union Minister Farooq Abdullah for his recent remarks relating to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
On Saturday, Abdullah had said anybody working against India "must pay the price for it".
"He (Abdullah) has betrayed Kashmiris by his statement
on Guru. I condemn him," Rashid said in the House.
He alleged all political parties had joined hands to
thwart his resolution on Guru in the House last year.
Members from JKNPP, BJP, NC and other parties asked
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone to remove him from the House for
disrupting the Question Hour.
Some members, who also had verbal duels with Rashid,
said the Supreme Court had decided the matter and the mercy
petition was pending with the President and the House had no
authority on the matter.
Rashid entered the Well and staged a sit-in as the
Speaker asked him to raise the issue after Question Hour.
As the member continued to disrupt the proceedings, the
Speaker directed marshals to remove him out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence