Use powers for welfare of poor: J&K govt
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday asked the village representatives to utilise their powers for the welfare of poor and weak sections of the society.
Senior NC leader and state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim
Rather advocated following the footsteps of former state chief
minister Sheikh Abdullah, who staunchly supported the
decentralisation of powers from the corridors of secretariat
to the grass root level.
"We have to follow the road map conceived by the party
founder Sheikh Abdullah for addressing Kashmir issue within
the frame work of National Conference`s autonomy resolution,"
Abdullah was a staunch supporter of the decentralisation
of powers from the corridors of secretariat to the grass root
level, Rather said while addressing a public meet at Handwara,
90 kms from here
Taking forward his grandfather`s mission, Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah empowered Panchs and Sarpanchs to ensure their
active involvement in plan formulation and programme
implementation, he said.
Earler, Rather inaugurated the office of Additional Deputy
Taking a dig at the Opposition Peoples Democratic Party,
the minister alleged that except satiating their vested
interests, they never thought about the empowerment of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof