Ailing woman Maoist to be treated in Ranchi’s RIMS
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Ailing jailed Maoist Anuradha will be moved to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences at Ranchi for better treatment, official sources said here.
The permission was granted by Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan after a medical board said that Anuradha was suffering from a bone disease, and there were no specialists at the Hazaribagh hospital, the sources said.
Three Maoists, including Anuradha’s husband, Ravi Sharma, have been on hunger-strike since yesterday demanding that Anuradha be shifted to RIMS and that a Maoist be sent back to to Chaibasa jail from Hazaribagh Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre