Ailing woman Maoist to be treated in Ranchi’s RIMS
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Ailing jailed Maoist Anuradha will be moved to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences at Ranchi for better treatment, official sources said here.
The permission was granted by Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan after a medical board said that Anuradha was suffering from a bone disease, and there were no specialists at the Hazaribagh hospital, the sources said.
Three Maoists, including Anuradha’s husband, Ravi Sharma, have been on hunger-strike since yesterday demanding that Anuradha be shifted to RIMS and that a Maoist be sent back to to Chaibasa jail from Hazaribagh Central Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued