BJP MLA challenges Deputy CM over missing iron ore
Ranchi: A ruling BJD MLA on Monday challenged Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren`s assertion that 28,000 MT seized iron ore was piled in Bokaro and alleged that most of the ore had been pilfered from there.
Replying to BJP MLA Laxman Gilua`s claim that only 200 to 300 MT iron ore was there, Soren said about 34,000 of the 61,000 MT iron ore seized at Bokaro Siding was released on the basis of claims received by the officials.
When Soren said 28,000 MT iron ore was still lying in
a heap at the spot, the BJP MLA challenged him saying there
was only 200 to 300 MT iron ore now and the rest had been
He demanded an inquiry to find out whether there was
any official-mafia link behind the disappearance of the ore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch