‘Coal king’ shot dead in Dhanbad
Dhanbad: Son of BJP MLA Kunti
Singh and two others were named in an FIR on Thursday for the
gunning down of local Congress leader Suresh Singh in Dhanbad
Tejnarain Singh, the father of slain treasurer of the
Dhanbad District Congress Committee Suresh Singh filed the FIR
at the Sadar police station against Ramadhir Singh, his son
Sashi Singh and MLA Kunti Singh’s son Sanjiv Singh charging
them with murder of his son, Inspector General of Police
Murari Lal Meena told a press conference here.
Ramadhir Singh, who is the chairman of Balia District
Board in Uttar Pradesh, was accused of being a conspirator
while Sanjiv and Sashi were named as `shooters`, Meena said.
Singh, who is often termedas ‘coal king’, had gone to the Dhanbad Club on Circular Road to take part in a function organised by Nunu Singh who is the owner of Hotel Zeal located in Hirapur.
As per reports, Singh reached the club, located very near to Police Superintendent’s residence, at around 8.15 pm. Four unidentified youth came there at around 9.15 pm and before anybody to react they pumped bullets into Singh a fled.
He was taken to Central Hospital where the doctors declared him dead at 9.45 pm.
Singh, who was facing charges in the killing of a coal
trader Pramod Singh seven years ago, had unsuccessfully fought
Jharia seat in the 2005 and the 2009 assembly elections. He
lost to BJP’s Kunti Singh in both the elections.
Many shops downed shutters across the coal township.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test