FIR against MLA for beating up cop in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A policeman has accused Independent MLA Chamra Linda of assaulting him at the Jharkhand Assembly while the cop was on duty.
On the basis of the complaint by the constable Umanath Saha, police filed an FIR with the Jagannathpur police station here today.
According to the FIR, Linda last night allegedly got infuriated and "beat up" the policeman on duty near the gates when the latter asked the legislator to register his name in the entry book before driving inside the premises at around 10 pm.
The MLA did not took calls when contacted to know his version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series