Injured Tata Steel employee dies in hospital
Jamshedpur: A Tata Steel employee who was critically injured in LD gas holder explosion in the plant has died of his injuries at a hospital in Gurgaon.
The employee, B N Sikdar, who was admitted to the critical care unit of Tata Main Hospital here immediately after the explosion on November 14 was flown by an air ambulance to the Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon a day later, official sources said today.
Sikdar, who was among eleven employees who were injured, died yesterday, they said.
A Tata Steel release condoled his death.
"For Tata Steel, every employee and their family is valuable and precious. The company stands by the family in this hour of grief and would continue to support them in the future," the release added.
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!
- Deepika Padukone shares fan videos—Watch here!