Injured Tata Steel employee dies in hospital
Jamshedpur: A Tata Steel employee who was critically injured in LD gas holder explosion in the plant has died of his injuries at a hospital in Gurgaon.
The employee, B N Sikdar, who was admitted to the critical care unit of Tata Main Hospital here immediately after the explosion on November 14 was flown by an air ambulance to the Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon a day later, official sources said today.
Sikdar, who was among eleven employees who were injured, died yesterday, they said.
A Tata Steel release condoled his death.
"For Tata Steel, every employee and their family is valuable and precious. The company stands by the family in this hour of grief and would continue to support them in the future," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees