Injured Tata Steel employee dies in hospital
Jamshedpur: A Tata Steel employee who was critically injured in LD gas holder explosion in the plant has died of his injuries at a hospital in Gurgaon.
The employee, B N Sikdar, who was admitted to the critical care unit of Tata Main Hospital here immediately after the explosion on November 14 was flown by an air ambulance to the Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon a day later, official sources said today.
Sikdar, who was among eleven employees who were injured, died yesterday, they said.
A Tata Steel release condoled his death.
"For Tata Steel, every employee and their family is valuable and precious. The company stands by the family in this hour of grief and would continue to support them in the future," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Good news! Airtel cuts 4G price by up to 80% to check R Jio effect
- Bulandshahr rape case: No CBI probe, says Supreme Court
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award