Injured Tata Steel employee dies in hospital
Jamshedpur: A Tata Steel employee who was critically injured in LD gas holder explosion in the plant has died of his injuries at a hospital in Gurgaon.
The employee, B N Sikdar, who was admitted to the critical care unit of Tata Main Hospital here immediately after the explosion on November 14 was flown by an air ambulance to the Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon a day later, official sources said today.
Sikdar, who was among eleven employees who were injured, died yesterday, they said.
A Tata Steel release condoled his death.
"For Tata Steel, every employee and their family is valuable and precious. The company stands by the family in this hour of grief and would continue to support them in the future," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing