Jamshedpur: 50 shops gutted in fire
Jamshedpur: Around fifty shops were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in Kagalnagar Market here in the wee hours Thursday.
Fire engines have been pressed into service to douse the flame that spread soon in the market area taking around 50 shops under its grip, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was brought under control after over five hours, sources said adding no loss of life was reported in the incident.
Property worth in lakhs estimated to be damaged in the fire that suspiciously broke out due to short circuit, sources said.
The market comprised of variety of stores including grocery, medicine, vegetable and general stores, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning