Jamshedpur: 50 shops gutted in fire
Jamshedpur: Around fifty shops were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in Kagalnagar Market here in the wee hours Thursday.
Fire engines have been pressed into service to douse the flame that spread soon in the market area taking around 50 shops under its grip, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was brought under control after over five hours, sources said adding no loss of life was reported in the incident.
Property worth in lakhs estimated to be damaged in the fire that suspiciously broke out due to short circuit, sources said.
The market comprised of variety of stores including grocery, medicine, vegetable and general stores, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand