Jamshedpur: 50 shops gutted in fire
Jamshedpur: Around fifty shops were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in Kagalnagar Market here in the wee hours Thursday.
Fire engines have been pressed into service to douse the flame that spread soon in the market area taking around 50 shops under its grip, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was brought under control after over five hours, sources said adding no loss of life was reported in the incident.
Property worth in lakhs estimated to be damaged in the fire that suspiciously broke out due to short circuit, sources said.
The market comprised of variety of stores including grocery, medicine, vegetable and general stores, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?