Jamshedpur: 50 shops gutted in fire
Jamshedpur: Around fifty shops were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in Kagalnagar Market here in the wee hours Thursday.
Fire engines have been pressed into service to douse the flame that spread soon in the market area taking around 50 shops under its grip, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was brought under control after over five hours, sources said adding no loss of life was reported in the incident.
Property worth in lakhs estimated to be damaged in the fire that suspiciously broke out due to short circuit, sources said.
The market comprised of variety of stores including grocery, medicine, vegetable and general stores, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range