Jharkhand tables third supplementary budget
Ranchi: Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh on Thursday tabled the third supplementary budget of Rs 1,448.60 crore for the 2013-2014 financial year.
In the supplementary budget, Rs 169 crore have been allocated for the civil aviation department, Rs 350.98 crore for road construction department, and Rs 322.89 crore for rural works and for other departments.
The opposition parties criticised the state government`s move to table the budget when it was unable to to spend the plan allocations.
"If the Jharkhand government is unable to spend the plan budget, then what is need to table the third supplementary budget? Till today, the government has not spent 40 percent of the plan budget for 2013-14 financial year," Raghuwar Das, former finance minister and a BJP legislator, told IANS.
The state government, however, justified the budget.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report