Jharkhand tables third supplementary budget
Ranchi: Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh on Thursday tabled the third supplementary budget of Rs 1,448.60 crore for the 2013-2014 financial year.
In the supplementary budget, Rs 169 crore have been allocated for the civil aviation department, Rs 350.98 crore for road construction department, and Rs 322.89 crore for rural works and for other departments.
The opposition parties criticised the state government`s move to table the budget when it was unable to to spend the plan allocations.
"If the Jharkhand government is unable to spend the plan budget, then what is need to table the third supplementary budget? Till today, the government has not spent 40 percent of the plan budget for 2013-14 financial year," Raghuwar Das, former finance minister and a BJP legislator, told IANS.
The state government, however, justified the budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city