Jharkhand tables third supplementary budget
Ranchi: Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh on Thursday tabled the third supplementary budget of Rs 1,448.60 crore for the 2013-2014 financial year.
In the supplementary budget, Rs 169 crore have been allocated for the civil aviation department, Rs 350.98 crore for road construction department, and Rs 322.89 crore for rural works and for other departments.
The opposition parties criticised the state government`s move to table the budget when it was unable to to spend the plan allocations.
"If the Jharkhand government is unable to spend the plan budget, then what is need to table the third supplementary budget? Till today, the government has not spent 40 percent of the plan budget for 2013-14 financial year," Raghuwar Das, former finance minister and a BJP legislator, told IANS.
The state government, however, justified the budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price