JMM to go alone in next Assembly election: Hansda
Jamshedpur: The JMM will not stoop below dignity for the sake of forming a government in Jharkhand and have started preparing to go alone in the next Assembly election, a party leader said.
"Our party President, Sibu Soren have directed us to get prepared for the election and procure party`s ground realities in all the Lok Sabha and assembly constituency in the state," said Ramesh Hansda, President of East Singhbhum district committee of JMM.
Addressing a press conference here, Hansda said Soren has directed all the district committees to submit a detail report in this regard by March 4.
Hansda said Guruji (as Soren is popularly known) had issued the directive during the recent meeting he had with all the district committee presidents and secretaries in Ranchi.
He said JMM had taken initiative to form an alternative government after Arjun Munda-headed coalition government was reduced to minority following JMM`s withdrawal, will not stoop for the formation of a government.
Meanwhile, Hansda asked his party leaders and workers to visit the rural pockets of the district and gather details of party position, interact with rural masses to know the problems being faced by them.
Hansda, a former General Secretary of the party`s Central Committee, said the party?s executive committee of the district will meet on February 26 to discuss on the issue and how to gather details of party position in one parliamentary constituency and six assembly segments in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days