Labourers pelt stone after worker injured in factory in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A handful of contract labourers today indulged in stone pelting after one of their colleagues sustained injury inside Tata Steel works here.
According to a press release issued by the company, labourer Banke Bihari Mahto sustained an injury at Jamshedpur Continuous Annealing & Processing Co Pvt Ltd project site inside the Tata Steel works in the morning.
Though the injured was immediately admitted to Tata main hospital, a few contract labourers got angry over the issue and started stone pelting and creating disturbances, the release said.
The situation was soon brought under control after the police was informed of the incident.
Operations in the company returned to normalcy, it said, adding that no fracture has been detected in the preliminary test conducted on Mahto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US