Labourers pelt stone after worker injured in factory in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A handful of contract labourers today indulged in stone pelting after one of their colleagues sustained injury inside Tata Steel works here.
According to a press release issued by the company, labourer Banke Bihari Mahto sustained an injury at Jamshedpur Continuous Annealing & Processing Co Pvt Ltd project site inside the Tata Steel works in the morning.
Though the injured was immediately admitted to Tata main hospital, a few contract labourers got angry over the issue and started stone pelting and creating disturbances, the release said.
The situation was soon brought under control after the police was informed of the incident.
Operations in the company returned to normalcy, it said, adding that no fracture has been detected in the preliminary test conducted on Mahto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire