Maoist camp busted
Ranchi: Security men exchanged gunfire with Maoist ultras when they busted the training camp of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district on Tuesday, the police said.
“An early morning joint operation by the CRPF and the district police personnel busted the PLFI’s training camp at Lodan-Kotha Toli village, about 150 km from here, which triggered a 15-minute gun battle with the ultras,” Gumla superintendent of police Jatin Narwal told a news agency over phone.
The ultras fired upon the police after finding themselves cornered, but were forced to retreat in the face of a strong retaliatory attack, Narwal said.
During search operation, three weapons, a substantial quantity of bullets, two mobiles and rucksacks were recovered from the spot, he said.
One PLFI activist, identified as Gouri Shankar Pandey, was arrested.
No one was injured in the encounter, he said.
The PLFI is active in Ranchi, Khunti, Gumla and Simdega districts, and the police were successful in capturing six hardcore ultras of the outfit in Ranchi district’s Mandar area last week end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh