Maoist camp busted
Ranchi: Security men exchanged gunfire with Maoist ultras when they busted the training camp of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district on Tuesday, the police said.
“An early morning joint operation by the CRPF and the district police personnel busted the PLFI’s training camp at Lodan-Kotha Toli village, about 150 km from here, which triggered a 15-minute gun battle with the ultras,” Gumla superintendent of police Jatin Narwal told a news agency over phone.
The ultras fired upon the police after finding themselves cornered, but were forced to retreat in the face of a strong retaliatory attack, Narwal said.
During search operation, three weapons, a substantial quantity of bullets, two mobiles and rucksacks were recovered from the spot, he said.
One PLFI activist, identified as Gouri Shankar Pandey, was arrested.
No one was injured in the encounter, he said.
The PLFI is active in Ranchi, Khunti, Gumla and Simdega districts, and the police were successful in capturing six hardcore ultras of the outfit in Ranchi district’s Mandar area last week end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- IIT-JEE Main rankings out; boys dominate list
- Oops! No changes in ticketing rules from July 1, says Railways
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!