Maoist outfit punishes five Jharkhand youth
Lohardaga: A Maoist outfit, Tritiya Sammelan Prastuti Committee (TPC), has punished five youth in a ‘Kangaroo Court’ in Jharkhand.
The left-wing extremists detained the youth with two pistols as they were travelling on their motorcycles and nabbed them as they considered their movement suspicious.
In the last few years, the rebels have stepped up their efforts against the government as well as the locals, after various locals complained that Maoist activities such as killings and abductions increased considerably in the area.
The head of Maoist outfit, Gopal, said that the Kangaroo court awarded punishment to the five youth.
“Around 4 pm, while we were walking on the roads, they came on bikes and we detained them. While frisking them, we found two revolvers in their bags. Therefore, we tried them in the Kangaroo court and punished them,” Gopal said.
The members of the Maoist outfit thrashed them with an aim to earn sympathy of the locals.
Hundreds of people have been killed and injured in the violence, perpetrated by the rebels as well as security forces in counter insurgency operations.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Anil Kumar Jha, said that they are trying hard to ensure that the Maoists do not take the law of the land in their hands and urged them to have faith in the country’s legal system.
“The Maoists punish the criminals by organising Kangaroo courts. We will try to put an end to such type of incidents, which take place in the region. We will also try to instil faith among the locals. We urge them to adhere to the law and in contradiction they organise kangaroo courts in parallel,” said Jha.
Also known as Naxals, the rebels have fought for decades in a wide swathe of central and eastern India, including many resource-rich regions, where tensions run high between poor farmers and industrial developers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy