Maoist surrenders, US-made weapon seized after enc
Medininagar: A Maoist surrendered and an American make gun was seized after an encounter broke out between security forces and the rebels in Palamau district on Sunday, police said.
CRPF and district police had surrounded the area since last night following a tip-off that about 25 Maoists, including three self-styled sub-zonal commanders, had assembled near Sernia village.
"During the 30-minute encounter which began around 6 AM, the security forces fired fifty rounds as against the Maoists` hundred bullets. Maoist Raj Kumar Yadav was arrested after he surrendered. Others fled the spot," Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew and CRPF Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
A US-made gun, three rifles, a country-made pistol and carbine were recovered after the gun battle, they said.
The three self-styled sub-zonal commanders who escaped were identified as -- Vishal, Kalika and Raman, police said, adding that there was no casualty on any side.
Four mobile phones and other materials were also found at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite
- Time's up for VHS! Last company making VCRs to stop its production this month
- RIP Tiger: Retired police dog who helped in detecting bombs during 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks passes away
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs