Maoist surrenders, US-made weapon seized after enc
Medininagar: A Maoist surrendered and an American make gun was seized after an encounter broke out between security forces and the rebels in Palamau district on Sunday, police said.
CRPF and district police had surrounded the area since last night following a tip-off that about 25 Maoists, including three self-styled sub-zonal commanders, had assembled near Sernia village.
"During the 30-minute encounter which began around 6 AM, the security forces fired fifty rounds as against the Maoists` hundred bullets. Maoist Raj Kumar Yadav was arrested after he surrendered. Others fled the spot," Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew and CRPF Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
A US-made gun, three rifles, a country-made pistol and carbine were recovered after the gun battle, they said.
The three self-styled sub-zonal commanders who escaped were identified as -- Vishal, Kalika and Raman, police said, adding that there was no casualty on any side.
Four mobile phones and other materials were also found at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert