Maoist surrenders, US-made weapon seized after enc
Medininagar: A Maoist surrendered and an American make gun was seized after an encounter broke out between security forces and the rebels in Palamau district on Sunday, police said.
CRPF and district police had surrounded the area since last night following a tip-off that about 25 Maoists, including three self-styled sub-zonal commanders, had assembled near Sernia village.
"During the 30-minute encounter which began around 6 AM, the security forces fired fifty rounds as against the Maoists` hundred bullets. Maoist Raj Kumar Yadav was arrested after he surrendered. Others fled the spot," Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew and CRPF Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
A US-made gun, three rifles, a country-made pistol and carbine were recovered after the gun battle, they said.
The three self-styled sub-zonal commanders who escaped were identified as -- Vishal, Kalika and Raman, police said, adding that there was no casualty on any side.
Four mobile phones and other materials were also found at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!