Maoist wanted in attack on BSF personnel arrested
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Two Maoists, including the rebel who allegedly attacked a BSF team in 2005, were arrested at separate places in Palamau and Ranchi districts of the state, police said on Saturday.
"Area commander Boleshwar sub-zone committee Dukhi Sao alias Jagirji was arrested last night at Panki Bazar in Palamau," Superintendent of Police NK Singh said here.
He said Sao was wanted in the attack on a team of personnel of Border Security Force.
A BSF jawan had been killed and two others were injured in Palamau district eight years ago in an encounter.
Sao was also wanted in 12 other cases of murder, abduction and landmine blasts, the police officer said.
In a separate raid by Palamau district police last night, Lalan Singh was arrested from Khalari in Ranchi district, the SP said, adding, he was wanted in at least four cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed