Munda asks why political parties asking for time from Guv
Jamshedpur: Justifying his recommendation for dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and fresh elections in the state, caretaker chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday questioned why some political parties are demanding time from the governor to form an alternative government if they have the numbers.
"We have witnessed political parties are seeking time from the Governor to form an alternative government against the general practice of the Governor allotting time to political parties or alliances staking claim to form the government," Munda told an East Singhbhum district party workers meet here.
Stating that there was a similar situation after he stepped down as chief minister in 2006, Munda said he had recommended dissolution of the house after apprehending a similar situation.
"There should not be any further delay in dissolving the assembly. Allow the people to elect a popular government," Munda said, adding that delay would only lead to horse-trading.
On claims that his recommendation was
unconstitutional, Munda questioned why the Centre was not taking any decision if this was the case.
The chief minister said it was irrelevant for the BJP whether it was in power or not, but the party would not compromise on peoples` interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands