Munda asks why political parties asking for time from Guv
Jamshedpur: Justifying his recommendation for dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and fresh elections in the state, caretaker chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday questioned why some political parties are demanding time from the governor to form an alternative government if they have the numbers.
"We have witnessed political parties are seeking time from the Governor to form an alternative government against the general practice of the Governor allotting time to political parties or alliances staking claim to form the government," Munda told an East Singhbhum district party workers meet here.
Stating that there was a similar situation after he stepped down as chief minister in 2006, Munda said he had recommended dissolution of the house after apprehending a similar situation.
"There should not be any further delay in dissolving the assembly. Allow the people to elect a popular government," Munda said, adding that delay would only lead to horse-trading.
On claims that his recommendation was
unconstitutional, Munda questioned why the Centre was not taking any decision if this was the case.
The chief minister said it was irrelevant for the BJP whether it was in power or not, but the party would not compromise on peoples` interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!