Munda asks why political parties asking for time from Guv
Jamshedpur: Justifying his recommendation for dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and fresh elections in the state, caretaker chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday questioned why some political parties are demanding time from the governor to form an alternative government if they have the numbers.
"We have witnessed political parties are seeking time from the Governor to form an alternative government against the general practice of the Governor allotting time to political parties or alliances staking claim to form the government," Munda told an East Singhbhum district party workers meet here.
Stating that there was a similar situation after he stepped down as chief minister in 2006, Munda said he had recommended dissolution of the house after apprehending a similar situation.
"There should not be any further delay in dissolving the assembly. Allow the people to elect a popular government," Munda said, adding that delay would only lead to horse-trading.
On claims that his recommendation was
unconstitutional, Munda questioned why the Centre was not taking any decision if this was the case.
The chief minister said it was irrelevant for the BJP whether it was in power or not, but the party would not compromise on peoples` interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender