Munda asks why political parties asking for time from Guv
Jamshedpur: Justifying his recommendation for dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and fresh elections in the state, caretaker chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday questioned why some political parties are demanding time from the governor to form an alternative government if they have the numbers.
"We have witnessed political parties are seeking time from the Governor to form an alternative government against the general practice of the Governor allotting time to political parties or alliances staking claim to form the government," Munda told an East Singhbhum district party workers meet here.
Stating that there was a similar situation after he stepped down as chief minister in 2006, Munda said he had recommended dissolution of the house after apprehending a similar situation.
"There should not be any further delay in dissolving the assembly. Allow the people to elect a popular government," Munda said, adding that delay would only lead to horse-trading.
On claims that his recommendation was
unconstitutional, Munda questioned why the Centre was not taking any decision if this was the case.
The chief minister said it was irrelevant for the BJP whether it was in power or not, but the party would not compromise on peoples` interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...