Operations against Maoists will continue: CRPF
Ranchi: Operations against the Maoists will be continued relentlessly to end their mindless violence, a senior CRPF official said today.
"We`ll pursue them wherever they are as we want to make them realise that indulging in mindless violence is futile," Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said when asked whether the Maoists are on the defensive of late.
Rao said a robust plan was in place in Jharkhand to effectively deal with them and expected that the Maoists must realise that they could not ruin the lives of common people and instead join the mainstream.
Asked whether reports of Maoist top leader Arvind had escaped during yesterday?s operation in Latehar, Rao said he could not say that.
"The operation in Latehar is still going on," he said.
Recently a report by the Joint Intelligence Committee has found that while consolidating its position in existing strongholds, Maoists are gradually trying to spread its influence to new areas and also reclaim areas where it had influence earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state