Operations against Maoists will continue: CRPF
Ranchi: Operations against the Maoists will be continued relentlessly to end their mindless violence, a senior CRPF official said today.
"We`ll pursue them wherever they are as we want to make them realise that indulging in mindless violence is futile," Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said when asked whether the Maoists are on the defensive of late.
Rao said a robust plan was in place in Jharkhand to effectively deal with them and expected that the Maoists must realise that they could not ruin the lives of common people and instead join the mainstream.
Asked whether reports of Maoist top leader Arvind had escaped during yesterday?s operation in Latehar, Rao said he could not say that.
"The operation in Latehar is still going on," he said.
Recently a report by the Joint Intelligence Committee has found that while consolidating its position in existing strongholds, Maoists are gradually trying to spread its influence to new areas and also reclaim areas where it had influence earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145