Operations against Maoists will continue: CRPF
Ranchi: Operations against the Maoists will be continued relentlessly to end their mindless violence, a senior CRPF official said today.
"We`ll pursue them wherever they are as we want to make them realise that indulging in mindless violence is futile," Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said when asked whether the Maoists are on the defensive of late.
Rao said a robust plan was in place in Jharkhand to effectively deal with them and expected that the Maoists must realise that they could not ruin the lives of common people and instead join the mainstream.
Asked whether reports of Maoist top leader Arvind had escaped during yesterday?s operation in Latehar, Rao said he could not say that.
"The operation in Latehar is still going on," he said.
Recently a report by the Joint Intelligence Committee has found that while consolidating its position in existing strongholds, Maoists are gradually trying to spread its influence to new areas and also reclaim areas where it had influence earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing