Operations against Maoists will continue: CRPF
Ranchi: Operations against the Maoists will be continued relentlessly to end their mindless violence, a senior CRPF official said today.
"We`ll pursue them wherever they are as we want to make them realise that indulging in mindless violence is futile," Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said when asked whether the Maoists are on the defensive of late.
Rao said a robust plan was in place in Jharkhand to effectively deal with them and expected that the Maoists must realise that they could not ruin the lives of common people and instead join the mainstream.
Asked whether reports of Maoist top leader Arvind had escaped during yesterday?s operation in Latehar, Rao said he could not say that.
"The operation in Latehar is still going on," he said.
Recently a report by the Joint Intelligence Committee has found that while consolidating its position in existing strongholds, Maoists are gradually trying to spread its influence to new areas and also reclaim areas where it had influence earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?