Operations against Maoists will continue: CRPF
Ranchi: Operations against the Maoists will be continued relentlessly to end their mindless violence, a senior CRPF official said today.
"We`ll pursue them wherever they are as we want to make them realise that indulging in mindless violence is futile," Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said when asked whether the Maoists are on the defensive of late.
Rao said a robust plan was in place in Jharkhand to effectively deal with them and expected that the Maoists must realise that they could not ruin the lives of common people and instead join the mainstream.
Asked whether reports of Maoist top leader Arvind had escaped during yesterday?s operation in Latehar, Rao said he could not say that.
"The operation in Latehar is still going on," he said.
Recently a report by the Joint Intelligence Committee has found that while consolidating its position in existing strongholds, Maoists are gradually trying to spread its influence to new areas and also reclaim areas where it had influence earlier.
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support