PM to inaugurate NTPC thermal power plant in Jharkhand today
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat 765kv inter-regional power transmission line in Jharkhand on Thursday.
This line is the first inter-regional link between eastern region and western region, an official statement said.
The Prime Minister will also inaugurate commencement of work at state-run NTPC`s thermal power plant (3x660 MW) at North Karanpura at Chatra in Jharkhand.
Central transmission utility Power Grid Corporation has implemented the Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat inter-regional transmission line at a total cost of Rs 1,600 crore.
Two new sub-stations have been built at Ranchi in Jharkhand and Dharamjaygarh in Chhattisgarh, the statement added.
The benefits of the project include augmentation of inter-regional capacity of eastern region with western region, thereby facilitating exchange of surplus power between eastern and western region, depending on the availability of generation and load demand in each region.
Surplus power from eastern region can also be transferred over this link to western region for onward transfer to southern or northern region.
Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had laid the foundation stone for NTPC`s North Karanpura project on March 6, 1999.
Due to some technical reasons the work could not commence. Subsequently, the Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI), cleared the North Karanpura project on February 20, 2013 and decided in-principle to restore the original coal linkage granted to the project, the statement said.
The Coal Ministry restored the coal linkage on May 2013 with the stipulation that the coal supply will commence during the 13th Five Year Plan (2017-22).
NTPC is already supplying about 298 MW power to Jharkhand from its various power stations. Jharkhand will get around 230 MW from this project. In addition 354 MW has been allocated by Ministry of Power to Jharkhand from other new and under construction projects of NTPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery