PM to inaugurate NTPC thermal power plant in Jharkhand today
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat 765kv inter-regional power transmission line in Jharkhand on Thursday.
This line is the first inter-regional link between eastern region and western region, an official statement said.
The Prime Minister will also inaugurate commencement of work at state-run NTPC`s thermal power plant (3x660 MW) at North Karanpura at Chatra in Jharkhand.
Central transmission utility Power Grid Corporation has implemented the Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat inter-regional transmission line at a total cost of Rs 1,600 crore.
Two new sub-stations have been built at Ranchi in Jharkhand and Dharamjaygarh in Chhattisgarh, the statement added.
The benefits of the project include augmentation of inter-regional capacity of eastern region with western region, thereby facilitating exchange of surplus power between eastern and western region, depending on the availability of generation and load demand in each region.
Surplus power from eastern region can also be transferred over this link to western region for onward transfer to southern or northern region.
Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had laid the foundation stone for NTPC`s North Karanpura project on March 6, 1999.
Due to some technical reasons the work could not commence. Subsequently, the Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI), cleared the North Karanpura project on February 20, 2013 and decided in-principle to restore the original coal linkage granted to the project, the statement said.
The Coal Ministry restored the coal linkage on May 2013 with the stipulation that the coal supply will commence during the 13th Five Year Plan (2017-22).
NTPC is already supplying about 298 MW power to Jharkhand from its various power stations. Jharkhand will get around 230 MW from this project. In addition 354 MW has been allocated by Ministry of Power to Jharkhand from other new and under construction projects of NTPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state