PM to inaugurate NTPC thermal power plant in Jharkhand today
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat 765kv inter-regional power transmission line in Jharkhand on Thursday.
This line is the first inter-regional link between eastern region and western region, an official statement said.
The Prime Minister will also inaugurate commencement of work at state-run NTPC`s thermal power plant (3x660 MW) at North Karanpura at Chatra in Jharkhand.
Central transmission utility Power Grid Corporation has implemented the Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat inter-regional transmission line at a total cost of Rs 1,600 crore.
Two new sub-stations have been built at Ranchi in Jharkhand and Dharamjaygarh in Chhattisgarh, the statement added.
The benefits of the project include augmentation of inter-regional capacity of eastern region with western region, thereby facilitating exchange of surplus power between eastern and western region, depending on the availability of generation and load demand in each region.
Surplus power from eastern region can also be transferred over this link to western region for onward transfer to southern or northern region.
Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had laid the foundation stone for NTPC`s North Karanpura project on March 6, 1999.
Due to some technical reasons the work could not commence. Subsequently, the Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI), cleared the North Karanpura project on February 20, 2013 and decided in-principle to restore the original coal linkage granted to the project, the statement said.
The Coal Ministry restored the coal linkage on May 2013 with the stipulation that the coal supply will commence during the 13th Five Year Plan (2017-22).
NTPC is already supplying about 298 MW power to Jharkhand from its various power stations. Jharkhand will get around 230 MW from this project. In addition 354 MW has been allocated by Ministry of Power to Jharkhand from other new and under construction projects of NTPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men