Right to Food act in Jharkhand soon?
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun
Munda on Saturday said his government was seriously considering to
bring in a `Right to food act` soon.
"The right to food act in Jharkhand is under
consideration. We are in talks with people as well as agencies
concerned in this regard," Munda said soon after inaugurating
a centralized kitchen for mid-day meal here today.
"We are preparing a draft with regard to right to food
to ensure nutritious food to the poorer section of the
society," the chief minister said when asked whether it would
be introduced in the next session of the assembly.
"We are discussing the issue with all sections of the
society," he said while justifying the poorer section of the
society were under huge pressure in view of increasing prices.
Munda said the state has already taken initiatives to
provide relief to the poor with the `Daal-Bhaat Yojna` (food
at cheap prices).
Earlier, inaugurating the central kitchen for the
mid-day meal to school children, a collaborative project of
government of Jharkhand, Tata Steel and ISKCON Food Relief
Foundation, Munda said the government intended to provide
quality and nutritious foods to poor pupils.
The pilot project, first of its kind in the state,
will have the capacity to feed hygienic and quality food to
over one lakh students in and around Jamshedpur and adjoining
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you