Right to Food act in Jharkhand soon?
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun
Munda on Saturday said his government was seriously considering to
bring in a `Right to food act` soon.
"The right to food act in Jharkhand is under
consideration. We are in talks with people as well as agencies
concerned in this regard," Munda said soon after inaugurating
a centralized kitchen for mid-day meal here today.
"We are preparing a draft with regard to right to food
to ensure nutritious food to the poorer section of the
society," the chief minister said when asked whether it would
be introduced in the next session of the assembly.
"We are discussing the issue with all sections of the
society," he said while justifying the poorer section of the
society were under huge pressure in view of increasing prices.
Munda said the state has already taken initiatives to
provide relief to the poor with the `Daal-Bhaat Yojna` (food
at cheap prices).
Earlier, inaugurating the central kitchen for the
mid-day meal to school children, a collaborative project of
government of Jharkhand, Tata Steel and ISKCON Food Relief
Foundation, Munda said the government intended to provide
quality and nutritious foods to poor pupils.
The pilot project, first of its kind in the state,
will have the capacity to feed hygienic and quality food to
over one lakh students in and around Jamshedpur and adjoining
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'