Special monitoring cell for VIP movement in Naxal areas
Ranchi: A special monitoring cell with the Jharkhand Special Branch is monitoring the movement of important leaders in Naxal-dominated areas in the wake of the Maoist attack on Chhattisgarh Congress leaders last month.
"A security committee has reviewed VIP security and provided them with security as per the X, Y, Z categories," Jharkhand Police Chief Rajeev Kumar said here.
A security monitoring cell was set up in the Special Branch and similar cells have been formed in all the districts with the personnel keeping a watch on the movement of politicians in Naxalism-hit areas, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS