Special monitoring cell for VIP movement in Naxal areas
Ranchi: A special monitoring cell with the Jharkhand Special Branch is monitoring the movement of important leaders in Naxal-dominated areas in the wake of the Maoist attack on Chhattisgarh Congress leaders last month.
"A security committee has reviewed VIP security and provided them with security as per the X, Y, Z categories," Jharkhand Police Chief Rajeev Kumar said here.
A security monitoring cell was set up in the Special Branch and similar cells have been formed in all the districts with the personnel keeping a watch on the movement of politicians in Naxalism-hit areas, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16