Special monitoring cell for VIP movement in Naxal areas
Ranchi: A special monitoring cell with the Jharkhand Special Branch is monitoring the movement of important leaders in Naxal-dominated areas in the wake of the Maoist attack on Chhattisgarh Congress leaders last month.
"A security committee has reviewed VIP security and provided them with security as per the X, Y, Z categories," Jharkhand Police Chief Rajeev Kumar said here.
A security monitoring cell was set up in the Special Branch and similar cells have been formed in all the districts with the personnel keeping a watch on the movement of politicians in Naxalism-hit areas, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire