Tribal woman gang-raped in Jharkhand
Chatra: A 19-year-old married tribal woman was allegedly gang raped by three persons in Chatra district, police sources said on Sunday.
The victim had come to witness Ram Navami procession on Friday in Chatra town when she was abducted by three youths who later allegedly gang raped her, Superintendent of Police Arun Birthery said.
The SP said that two persons have been arrested in this connection after a FIR was lodged on the basis of statement given by the victim for abduction and gangrape.
The woman has been sent to a local hospital for medical check-up, Birthery said, adding, that the police has launched a hunt to apprehend the third accused who is at large.
Meanwhile, BJP activists put up road blockades on the main thoroughfare of Chatra township since morning demanding immediate arrest and stringent action against the culprits. They also squatted on the busy Kesri chowk disrupting the road traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal