Tribal woman gang-raped in Jharkhand
Chatra: A 19-year-old married tribal woman was allegedly gang raped by three persons in Chatra district, police sources said on Sunday.
The victim had come to witness Ram Navami procession on Friday in Chatra town when she was abducted by three youths who later allegedly gang raped her, Superintendent of Police Arun Birthery said.
The SP said that two persons have been arrested in this connection after a FIR was lodged on the basis of statement given by the victim for abduction and gangrape.
The woman has been sent to a local hospital for medical check-up, Birthery said, adding, that the police has launched a hunt to apprehend the third accused who is at large.
Meanwhile, BJP activists put up road blockades on the main thoroughfare of Chatra township since morning demanding immediate arrest and stringent action against the culprits. They also squatted on the busy Kesri chowk disrupting the road traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- No more secret! Newspaper says it uncovered KFC`s secret recipe
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders