Two minor girls killed, 3 accused arrested
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Two minor sisters were strangulated to death allegedly by three youths in Sarjamatu village of Palamu district, police said on Sunday.
The bodies of the victims, identified as Sujata Kumari (9) and her sister Rajni Kumari (7), were found from a paddy field, police said.
According to an FIR lodged in this connection, the minors had gone to attend a marriage party alongwith a familiar person Abhisekh Kumar last night.
The three accused Basant Prajapati, Rajdeo Kumar and Manoj Kumar intercepted them while returning home but let off Abhisekh.
The victims were strangulated and their bodies were dumped in a paddy field, which was recovered today, police said adding that the bodies have been sent to a local hospital for post-mortem.
Based on the FIR registered on the statement of Abhisekh, police arrested all the three accused.
Confirming the report, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew said the reason behind the killing was not yet ascertained.
The victim`s father Ashok Ram has been working as daily wager in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant