Union Minister favours CBI probe into political murders
Kozhikode: All political murders that had taken place during the last 20 years in Kerala should be investigated by the CBI, Union Minister of State for Power KC Venugopal on Saturday said.
"All political murder cases in the last 20 years, including those that had taken place in Kannur district, should be inquired by CBI," he told reporters here.
Venugopal was speaking after visiting the bereaved family members of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants at nearby Vadakara on May 4 last.
He said the culprits in several political murders had escaped because the eyewitnesses were afraid to divulge details.
The culprits and all those behind the "brutal and heinous" murder of the RMP leader, who was expelled from CPI-M some years ago, would be brought before law, Venugopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing