Union Minister favours CBI probe into political murders
Kozhikode: All political murders that had taken place during the last 20 years in Kerala should be investigated by the CBI, Union Minister of State for Power KC Venugopal on Saturday said.
"All political murder cases in the last 20 years, including those that had taken place in Kannur district, should be inquired by CBI," he told reporters here.
Venugopal was speaking after visiting the bereaved family members of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants at nearby Vadakara on May 4 last.
He said the culprits in several political murders had escaped because the eyewitnesses were afraid to divulge details.
The culprits and all those behind the "brutal and heinous" murder of the RMP leader, who was expelled from CPI-M some years ago, would be brought before law, Venugopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack