Union Minister favours CBI probe into political murders
Kozhikode: All political murders that had taken place during the last 20 years in Kerala should be investigated by the CBI, Union Minister of State for Power KC Venugopal on Saturday said.
"All political murder cases in the last 20 years, including those that had taken place in Kannur district, should be inquired by CBI," he told reporters here.
Venugopal was speaking after visiting the bereaved family members of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants at nearby Vadakara on May 4 last.
He said the culprits in several political murders had escaped because the eyewitnesses were afraid to divulge details.
The culprits and all those behind the "brutal and heinous" murder of the RMP leader, who was expelled from CPI-M some years ago, would be brought before law, Venugopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state