Union Minister favours CBI probe into political murders
Kozhikode: All political murders that had taken place during the last 20 years in Kerala should be investigated by the CBI, Union Minister of State for Power KC Venugopal on Saturday said.
"All political murder cases in the last 20 years, including those that had taken place in Kannur district, should be inquired by CBI," he told reporters here.
Venugopal was speaking after visiting the bereaved family members of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death by unidentified assailants at nearby Vadakara on May 4 last.
He said the culprits in several political murders had escaped because the eyewitnesses were afraid to divulge details.
The culprits and all those behind the "brutal and heinous" murder of the RMP leader, who was expelled from CPI-M some years ago, would be brought before law, Venugopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29