Woman dubbed as witch in Jharkhand, tongue pierced with needle
Medininagar: Four persons were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly piercing the tongue of a woman with a needle after dubbing her a witch in Jharkhand`s Latehar district last Sunday, police said.
The four, Subhash Mehta, Arvind Bhuiyan, Dulal Bhuiyan and Bijan Bhuiyan were arrested after the woman Kalawati Devi filed a FIR naming 12 persons yesterday, the sources said.
The woman was beaten up last Sunday at a meeting called by villagers for allegedly practicing black magic at Piprakala village under Maneka police station.
The villagers also fined the woman Rs 10,000 and forced her husband to sell his land to pay the fine, the police said.
The four also pierced the woman`s tongue with a needle, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued