Woman dubbed as witch in Jharkhand, tongue pierced with needle
Medininagar: Four persons were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly piercing the tongue of a woman with a needle after dubbing her a witch in Jharkhand`s Latehar district last Sunday, police said.
The four, Subhash Mehta, Arvind Bhuiyan, Dulal Bhuiyan and Bijan Bhuiyan were arrested after the woman Kalawati Devi filed a FIR naming 12 persons yesterday, the sources said.
The woman was beaten up last Sunday at a meeting called by villagers for allegedly practicing black magic at Piprakala village under Maneka police station.
The villagers also fined the woman Rs 10,000 and forced her husband to sell his land to pay the fine, the police said.
The four also pierced the woman`s tongue with a needle, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary