Woman dubbed as witch in Jharkhand, tongue pierced with needle
Medininagar: Four persons were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly piercing the tongue of a woman with a needle after dubbing her a witch in Jharkhand`s Latehar district last Sunday, police said.
The four, Subhash Mehta, Arvind Bhuiyan, Dulal Bhuiyan and Bijan Bhuiyan were arrested after the woman Kalawati Devi filed a FIR naming 12 persons yesterday, the sources said.
The woman was beaten up last Sunday at a meeting called by villagers for allegedly practicing black magic at Piprakala village under Maneka police station.
The villagers also fined the woman Rs 10,000 and forced her husband to sell his land to pay the fine, the police said.
The four also pierced the woman`s tongue with a needle, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February